These Macadamia Coconut Macaroons will be a favorite for the cookie jar. Sweet coconut is baked with buttery macadamia nuts and a hint of vanilla for the perfect coconut cookie.
Welcome to Day 6 of Christmas Week. This annual event was started in 2012, and is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event. Plus we all chipped in for a huge Amazon Gift Card Giveaway so be sure to enter!
Every holiday season, my Aunt Maddie would always have a plate of coconut macaroons on the cookie plate. There was something about the caramelized crispy bottom and the toasty coconut that had me in awe.
While I don’t have my Aunt Maddie’s recipe, I did find this one that was so easy to make and was an egg-free version. These Macadamia Coconut Macaroons couldn’t be easier to make – a bit of chopping, a bit of stirring, and then drop and bake. What’s not to love, right? I wanted to add a little nutty action to it so macadamia nuts it was. They added a buttery rich element to the cookie that made me think “I need to make these every holiday”.
Somehow, after typing that, I’m sure my Aunt Maddy is looking down going “Make those Macadamia Coconut Macaroons – now!”
Let’s get cookin’:
Gather your ingredients
Everything goes in one bowl
Ready to scoop and bake
These Macadamia Coconut Macaroons will be a family cookie tradition
- 3 cups of sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup of macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon of kosher salt
- In a large bowl, add the shredded coconut, macadamia nuts, sweetened condensed milk, flour, vanilla and salt.
- Fold until everything is incorporated.
- Scoop using a small cookie scoop onto parchment paper lined cooking sheets.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until it's done.
Participants for Christmas Week:
- Cravings of a Lunatic
- Desserts Required
- Poet in the Pantry
- The Redhead Baker
- Pineapple and Coconut
- All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cooking on the Front Burner
- The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Crumb: A Food Blog
- The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Amee’s Savory Dish
- Comfortably Domestic
- Food Done Light
- Farm Fresh Feasts
- Flour On My Face
- Mother Would Know
- Food Lust People Love
- My Catholic Kitchen
- Daily Appetite
- Try Anything Once Culinary
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Savory Experiments
- Cooking In Stilettos
- Food Babbles
- Mind Over Batter
- Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Big Bear’s Wife
- Everyday Southwest
- From Gate to Plate
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Savoring Italy
- Dixie Chik Cooks
- The Tomato Tart
- Aloha Flavor
- CopyKat Recipes
Recipes from Day 6 of Christmas Week! Please visit all our talented participants:
- Red Velvet Swirl Fudge from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Christmas Wreath Cupcakes from The Redhead Baker
- Gingerbread Sugared Almonds from Crumb: A Food Blog
- Fresh Cranberry Mini Scones from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Chocolate Praline Pretzels from Food Lust People Love
- Cranberry Tangerine Mojito from Mind Over Batter
- Creamy Espresso Hot Chocolate from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars from From Gate to Plate
- Stained Glass Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Macadamia Coconut Macaroons from Aloha Flavor
- Peppermint Popcorn from Poet in the Pantry
- Mexican Chocolate Panna Cotta from Cooking in Stilettos
- Peppermint Mocha Truffles from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Chocolate Mocha Roulade from Mother Would Know
Now – make sure you enter to WIN! I mean – think of what one of those lovely Amazon gift cards can do for your holiday shopping!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Note: Christmas Week Amazon Gift Card Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada. Giveaway will run from December 7, 2015 to December 26, 2015. Winners must be 18 years of age. Winners will be notified by email. Winners will be asked a skill testing question.