Welcome to Day 1 of Christmas Week. This annual event was started in 2012, and is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event. Plus we all chipped in for a huge Amazon Gift Card Giveaway so be sure to enter!
The holidays are here and I have a ridiculously easy Macadamia Cashew Brittle to share with y’all today. Just a few ingredients and you will have the most flavorful nut brittle that might have you channeling your inner grinch and refusing to share.
I love making various candy barks and brittles to give as gifts. As I have cashews and macadamias always on hand, I thought for Aloha Flavor’s first #ChristmasWeek, I would have have to tell my inner Grinch to shush and share this Easy Macadamia Cashew Brittle with you. Now – this is the base recipe – if you want, you can always add a bit of spice with some cinnamon and nutmeg or, perhaps, you could add a bit of coconut to this for a more tropical bite. This will be one of those gifts your friends and family will look forward to every year.
Before we get to cookin’ – I need to tell you about this awesome giveaway that is going on with #ChristmasWeek. Essentially, because we adore YOU our readers – we wanted to give you a little somethin’ this holiday season so – not only do you get some seriously delicious recipe inspiration for your holiday table, but you also get a chance for us to channel our inner Oprah and say “YOU get a gift card and YOU get a gift card and YOU…” you get the picture. So – make sure you enter to win!
So – let’s whip up a batch shall we?
Let’s get cookin’:
Gather your ingredients
Swirling the sugar to make an rich amber caramel
Adding the nuts to the bubbling molten caramel
Pour onto a silpat
Look at this deliciousness!
Packaged and ready to go
- ⅔ cup of macadamia nuts
- ⅓ cup of cashews
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- In a small frypan, lightly toast the macadamia nuts and cashew news over medium heat.
- Let cool and then chop. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, add the sugar and melt over medium high heat, swirling the pan so as to make sure the sugar is Incorporated into the amber caramel.
- When the caramel is rich and a light or medium amber color, add the chopped nuts and stir to combine.
- Add the butter and stir into the caramelized nuts.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with a silpat and let cool for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Break the mixture into shards and enjoy!
Participants for Christmas Week:
- Cravings of a Lunatic
- Desserts Required
- Poet in the Pantry
- The Redhead Baker
- Pineapple and Coconut
- All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cooking on the Front Burner
- The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Crumb: A Food Blog
- The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Amee’s Savory Dish
- Comfortably Domestic
- Food Done Light
- Farm Fresh Feasts
- Flour On My Face
- Mother Would Know
- Food Lust People Love
- My Catholic Kitchen
- Daily Appetite
- Try Anything Once Culinary
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Savory Experiments
- Cooking In Stilettos
- Food Babbles
- Mind Over Batter
- Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Big Bear’s Wife
- Everyday Southwest
- From Gate to Plate
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Savoring Italy
- Dixie Chik Cooks
- The Tomato Tart
- Aloha Flavor
- CopyKat Recipes
Recipes from Day 1 of Christmas Week! Please visit all our talented participants:
- Pistachio Brittle from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Coconut Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake from Desserts Required
- Peppermint Bark from Poet in the Pantry
- Eggnog Pound Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Quince, Cranberry and Persimmon Crisps from Pineapple and Coconut
- Chocolate Fruit ‘n Nut Bites from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Fancy Chocolate Covered Marshallows from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Marzipan Fruits from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Eggnog Truffles from Crumb: A Food Blog
- Peppermint Fudge from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Gingerbread Cake with Orange Cream Glaze from Comfortably Domestic
- Christmas Sweets and Treats from Food Done Light
- Spiked Hot Cocoa Gift Mix from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Chanukah Olive Oil Cookies from Mother Would Know
- Coconut Pralines from Food Lust People Love
- Blueberry Overnight Sweet Rolls from My Catholic Kitchen
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies from Daily Appetite
- Chocolate Dipped Gingersnaps from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Dark Chocolate Almond Cheesecake Cups from Savory Experiments
- Bourbon Soaked Eggnog Cake from Cooking In Stilettos
- Ginger Snap Cocktail from Food Babbles
- Coquito Cinnamon Roll Bundt from Mind Over Batter
- No-Bake Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Easy White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge from Big Bear’s Wife
- Easy Cream Cheese Cookies from Everyday Southwest
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars from From Gate to Plate
- Molasses Ginger Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Apricot Spice Biscotti from Savoring Italy
- Caramel Bacon Bark from Dixie Chik Cooks
- Gluten Free Chocolate Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies from The Tomato Tart
- Easy Macadamia Cashew Brittle from Aloha Flavor
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Note: Christmas Week Amazon Gift Card Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada. Giveaway will run from December 7, 2015 to December 26, 2015. Winners must be 18 years of age. Winners will be notified by email. Winners will be asked a skill testing question.<